14 February 2021
Staying in: we had plenty of practice last year, right?! If your area is experiencing extreme weather, decide to make the most of this time!
Example (my situation):
Right now, I’m between clients. As last week passed and I heard more and more about the approaching week of hazardous outside conditions, I knew I’d be staying in. I saw that I have a whole ‘free’ 5 days! I thought about how I can make a difference in my and others’ lives. I made an iron-clad deal with myself to do as much as I can – especially stuff that I felt I couldn’t do before, due to enmeshing myself so intensely in client work and, life challenges (“Dichotomy, line 1… “).
Are you thinking, “Hil, I don’t have any content! I still have to work every day. What can I do??”
Plenty! Even if you’re working at home because office is closed for weather, you now have two or more extra hours per day, like you did during quarantine: not as much ‘getting ready’, no need to stop for gas, no commute.
(I’ve mentioned elsewhere: when I put my earpods in and click on my music apps or bookmarks *first*, I’m able to jump right over the ‘not in the mood’ and ‘what difference will my content make anyway?!’ voices [which of course, are just mechanisms that ego uses to keep me ‘safe’ from success / failure…] )
With the extra time you’ll have, you can:
– do 22 minutes of morning pages (from “The Artists’ Way”; you write as fast as you can for three pages, first thing in the morning [or right before you start working on your own projects] to clear your head, remove writer’s block, etc.)
– move for twelve minutes – stretches, dancing, strolling around the house – which takes you further out of the logical, argumentative part of your brain
– spend a couple hours doing bulk cooking in the middle of the week instead of waiting ’til Sunday
– take 5 minutes to set up that social media account you’ve been thinking about
– use half an hour to brainstorm ideas for Tweets, YouTube videos, TikToks, Facebook posts
If you have existing content, you can do some of these that I’m going to do:
– transcribe videos
– post the transcriptions under the videos and on my website (for people who’d rather read; added bonus: long descriptions under your YouTube videos boost your SEO!)
– add titles / descriptions to private videos and make them public or, put unlisted links in email campaign
– re-purpose parts of YouTube videos for TikToks
– backup website pages to Google Drive
– make a list of Tweets and a schedule
– make a list of TikToks and a schedule
– put more calls-to-action in my vids, TikToks and Tweets:
— ‘like, subscribe, comment’
— ‘sign up for my free eBook’
— ‘click here for coaching’
– ramp up my squeeze page
– post everything in my training group for other members to share, like, etc.
*** When you take breaks: ***
– get vicarious with me in Fair Park and Deep Ellum in my TikTok series, Take A Break! @ladybosslifecoach
– see V-Day throwback, “State of the Heart” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5so9enzuvEY
Ok, Cuties and Beauties! Love you!
— like / subscribe (plus, it’ll activate algorithm so more women will see this!)
— let me know in the comments what you’re rockin’ on during the stay-in!
— join me for tips and funnies!
#snowstorm #icyroads #blizzard #winterstormwarning #hazardousroadconditions #workathome #ladyboss #wompreneur #smallbusiness #valentinesday
© 2021 All Rights Reserved LadyBossLifeCoach Hil